Saturday, July 4, 2009

Thing #13

Delicious is . . . well . . . a bit bittersweet, although I have a feeling it will age well and quickly be a favorite of mine. Here is my link: Delicious for SKMims .I absolutely love the idea of keeping all of my bookmarks in one place that I can access from ANYWHERE. That whole copy link-paste to an email-email to myself cycle is one that I have used for years. The fact that I can now access all of my favorites from any computer is . . . awesomeness. In fact, I was so excited about this that I actually signed up for an account and imported all of my existing bookmarks before I came to the instructions for those two things. I'm giving myself a pat on the back for that one.

The "bitter" part is the fact that it's a bit overwhelming to the untrained eye. I understand the concept of sharing and all of that, but figuring out how to actually
do it was a different story altogether. I never figured out how to Add the 'shared' tag "misd23things", even though I played around with the site for over an hour. Perhaps I did it and it just hasn't shown up on the wiki yet? That's wishful thinking, but time will tell.

I would think that student groups working on a project could benefit from Delicious. As one is searching, they can add links to their shared bookmarks so that all could sort through the various websites.

As with most things, the more I use them, the more familiar they become, and the easier they are for me to understand and utilize. Delicious, I believe, will be no different.

No comments:

Post a Comment