Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thing #19

I'm unsure how I would use Voicethread in my professional life, but my first idea is to use it for training purposes. Training teachers for a standardized test is at BEST very, very dry, but what if there was some way for me to create a voicethread for it? Because the idea is new to me, I'm not sure how I would do it, but seriously, this might just be the best thing yet. I could make it comical, relevant, and ONE TIME, and teachers could view it at their convenience. The problem lies in assessing whether or not they did it. A quiz of some sort? Perhaps I'll find something in Thing #20 that would allow me to track their progress . . . I wonder if TEA would approve?

I think a math teacher could use it to explain the steps to a problem so that students could access it at home for homework help, much like Measuring Volume of Weird Objects.

On a personal note, it might be a fun way to digitally scrapbook. I STINK at scrapbooking, and most of my pictures are stashed in a box. I do, however, have a CD, and could upload pictures to the site with comments. The more I think about it, the more I like Voicethread.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, using VoiceThread is a great way to train for testing. Wow, wouldn't that make your life easier?

    ReplyDelete