Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thing #21

I didn't know there was so much out there on Google. Of course I knew it was a search engine, but the other tools available are quite advantageous. I started off with Google Alerts . However, I couldn't think of anything I wanted to be alerted about. I sat there for quite a while, and nothing came to mind. I am sure something will dawn on me eventually, so it's good to know that Google Alerts is available.

My second stop on my tour was Google Notebook . I really just wanted to see what it looked like, but alas, it no longer exists for new users. The website suggested that you use Google Docs

So, on to the next: Google Calendar . I like the idea of being able to share it. However, already having an old-fashioned, paper calendar AND my Outlook calendar, I'm not sure I would use it.

Lastly, in my quest to find something I could use, I decided to stop by iGoogle . I LOVED it. It's like most home pages, but I liked the gadgets and information that was available to use. Of all the tools, I think this one was my favorite, and most useful to me at this point. instead, but stated that current users would still have access to their notebooks.

1 comment:

  1. I also love my iGoogle page. I so enjoy "one stop shopping" with all the things I really want to see.

    ReplyDelete