Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thing #18

I generally avoid YouTube because it tends to mess up my computer. It's a shame, because there are so many great things on it. For this assignment, though, I bit the bullet and found some stuff that was really useful, some stuff that wasn't, and some stuff that was just plain funny. Case in point, the video below, David After Dentist. A friend sent it to me on Facebook some time ago, but I accidentally deleted it. Poor kid, but this is really funny. It's become so popular they're selling T-Shirts for it!


So that you know, I did search for some educational videos. As I don't teach a subject anymore, I decided to look up some science experiments for our science teachers. There were many, but I clicked on Cool Science Experiments from Steve Spangler and How Much Sugar is in a Can of Soda? (WARNING: if you drink soda, you may not want to be enlightened. Also, many fruit juices contain the same amount of sugar as soda. I'll stick to water, thanks!).

I'm glad to have done this assignment, as it made me aware of the educational aspects of YouTube (as many of these "23 Things" are doing :-)). Were I back in the classroom, I'd be looking up this stuff on a constant basis. As it is, I'll be researching and recommending things for the teachers at my school.

1 comment:

  1. I just enjoyed watching your videos; thanks for sharing the funny and the educational. I think Youtube is so useful in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete