Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thing #15

Honestly, this might be a short blog because I'm a bit frustrated by my experience in the sandbox. I will take responsibility for a bit of that frustration, though, because I should have looked at the Wiki Spaces Cheat Sheet before trying to actually do the thing. Apparently, the code for table of contents is [[toc]], not [toc]. I spent A LOT of time wondering why [toc] kept appearing on my wiki page. Lesson learned: read the "notes" first.

As I stated in my last blog, wikis are new to me, and I'm trying not to get overwhelmed by them. This activity nearly pushed me over the edge, though. The most frustrating part in all of this is that I've never been "afraid" of technology -- i just play around until I figure stuff out. "Edit-undo is my friend" is my motto. However, I've stumbled into more roadblocks on some of these activities and I'm starting to doubt myself. Not a nice feeling. On to the next . . .

Oh -- here's my wiki: Clueless. Aptly named, I'd say. :-)

2 comments:

  1. From the posts I have read, you are with many others when you describe your frustration. I will say that even I was frustrated when I first completed that assignment.
    Hopefully, you will find the other 'things' easier and more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks -- it's good to know I'm not alone. I definitely found that Thing #16 was infinitely easier and more enjoyable :-)

    ReplyDelete