Monday, June 22, 2009

Thing #7

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING I LEARNED FROM THING #7 IS HOW TO CREATE A HYPERLINK W/ JUST THE NAME OF THE ARTICLE/PAGE!!! I wrote that in all caps because I have been trying to figure out how to do that since Day 1 of this voyage. I learned this during the discovery activity of this "Thing", while reading the articles. In How to Comment Like a King (or Queen!) by The Cool Cat Teacher Vicki Davis, Ms. Davis states that you should hyperlink to your post if you've written about something you commented on. She gives an illustration with all the parts listed (see below).


For a concrete-sequential learner like me, it was all I needed. I'm hyperlinkin' like a champ! (I would like to give credit to Selena Knight - Knight Reader - as well, as she sent me instructions. I, however, wasn't doing something right and couldn't get the things to work! Selena -- you rock, and are going to have to show me the easy way later.)

I realize this wasn't the point of the exercise. I realize commenting keeps the conversation going. I realize that if you have quite a following, commenting could be exhausting, especially if you try to keep up and "counter-comment" every comment someone makes to your blog. Lucky for me, I'm new at blogging, and can answer any comments left for me very easily (Thanks, Angie!). Whereas I don't see myself as a fervent blogger or commenter in the future, I do see the importance of adding concise, relevant, and heart-felt comments to blogs that I read and for which I have strong thoughts/opinions. No one wants to be a lurker!

2 comments:

  1. Yea, I'm glad you figured it out. (BTW - Selena is a great resource!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linking is the best thing about blogs to me. I love being able to click through and read the actual article that someone else is referencing!

    ReplyDelete