Saturday, June 20, 2009

Thing #6

Finding a couple of blogs I wanted to subscribe to wasn't the cakewalk I thought it would be. In fact, it was quite frustrating. I found one right off the bat, http://achatwithmary.blogspot.com/2009/05/my-award-maker.html
It contains ideas for implementing technology into your everyday lessons. Great -- I thought I was on a roll. Not so. For the next 30-40 minutes I clicked on 20+ links to blogs that were either uninteresting, didn't apply to my situation, or whose "voice" I didn't care for. Finally, I found one called G.R.O.W. -- Girls Rising Onto Womanhood (http://girlsrisingontowomanhood.blogspot.com/). I really identified with the Virginia teacher mentoring her female students. However, there was no way to subscribe to this link. The search continued.
I finally subscribed to

Education in Texas. It was one of the first ones I found, but I skipped it thinking I would find something better. The blogger is quite opinionated and topics are often political in nature, but I find that even though I don't always share his opinions, I do like the points he brings up and the fact that he has an opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment