Friday, June 19, 2009

Thing #1

The habit I consider to be the most challenging is creating a toolbox. #1 -- I never can think of anything to put in it. I know there are resources out there, but when it comes to listing them, I draw a blank. #2 -- I tend to be quite independent, and adding "human resources" (probably my most important tool) to my toolbox I find incredibly hard. This is not because I think I can do it all, but because I don't want to inconvenience anyone by asking for help, and thereby taking their valuable time. I have, over the years, learned to depend on others' strengths, and realize it is give-and-take.

The
easiest habit: Accepting responsibility for my own learning. For as long as I can remember, I've believed that the day you stop learning is the day you die. Educators especially should always seek out new ideas, but I believe in actively engaging myself and learning something new everyday.

But most important to me of all the habits is beginning with the end in mind. I realize that sometimes the plan gets off course, or you have only a vague sketch of a plan, and things come together during the process. However, having that end-goal is so very important, as you waste valuable time and energy if there is no vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment